Thursday, August 14, 2008

Locks of Love

When the girls were younger I kept their hair pretty short. But when they got old enough to tell me they wanted it long I let them grow it out! Hailey has been growing out her bangs since the end of the school year. Thank goodness I talked Sydney out of it!
Since we started swimming the girls hair was getting harder and harder to brush tangling all up! I am not sure who brought it up but the girls decided they wanted to cut their hair. Then the suggestion of donating their hair to Locks Of Love was brought up. They were totally on board. So I called and made an appointment. Sarah Smith filled me all in, she was very knowledgeable about the whole thing. 10 inches was required. But if you have 9 inches or less up to 6 inches they will sell it to make wigs. I did measure their hair and thought they just had 10 inches if they wanted to go really short! I was hoping they would go for it once in the chair.
Sydney went first.
I must admit when Sydney went first and cut off the thick lock of hair I got choked up and shed a few tears. I was so proud of her for doing something so wonderful. She was cutting her hair so a child could have hair. I was so proud!
Hailey on the other hand, started getting cold feet. She didn't want to go as short as Sydney so we started looking through books. Hailey kept pointing to A line cuts. Short in the back, longer in the front. She was totally sure she loved it and she was next.
I just LOVE their NEW HAIRCUTS... oh my gosh! Sarah did a fabulous job!
They love it, I love it. I can't stop looking at them, how beautiful they are!
We made a few stops on the way home to show it off... everyone just loved it!
How could you not! Just kidding!
For weeks I have been scoping out stops to pull over and get pictures of the girls in the Fireweed. I did this last year too! Since they have fresh cute hair, I thought it would be fun to finally do it. The problem was it was after 9:30pm and it was getting dark so I had problems with the pictures. Flash, no flash, Sydney freaking out cause of spider webs. I did get a few but I will have to try again and get better lighting!

4 comments:

Hasbrouck Family said...

Oh my gosh they look adorable. I bet their friends will freak out when they see how cute they are. Good job girls.

Karen said...

What a great idea! I didn't think about that when Jenna got hers cut!! UGH! They look adorable as always!!

Anonymous said...

Shelley! They are darling!! I totally want Hailey's haircut! :)
Can't wait to see them in person... soon, I hope.

Busy Mom Of Four said...

Just beautiful!!! Good job girls!!! Once we get our pictures all ready for me to start blogging again I plan on sharing everything we did this summer including Rachel's Locks Of Love haircut :-). It really is a wonderful thing to do!!!