Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It's August already?

Hi everyone... I'm behind on blogging! I swear I look daily at everyone elses blog but I am not good about updating my own!
First I will start with explaining the group shot below the book review. I belong to a club that is for stay at home MOMS (Moms Offering Moms Support) MOMS Club. This picture was taken at a restaurant. It's our end of the year banquet. We acknowledge the executive board going out and install the new officers for the next term (1 year). Everyone had a really great time.
The soccer season ended on July 24th. I love that the girls love soccer and I don't mind bringing them... but 4 nights a week is crazy! It's just hard planning your day, knowing you have to be back home to get to the field.
When soccer was over we enrolled in swimming lessons. We started at level 1 since the girls really don't have any practice in pools. Classes are in the morning - 45 minutes and last 2 weeks. The girls completed level 1 - passed and moved on to level 2. They are in that now! Since school starts next week they shortened the class and are only are doing it for a week. This has been good practice for us to get up in the morning... classed started at 9:30am and now we go in at 10:15am.
It's going to kill us when school starts. Everyone is still getting to bed too LATE!
The kids need lunch... so I am going to take care of that then I will post some more... with pictures cause I have MORE to say!
Yah!

5 comments:

Uberly Ewe said...

Hi Shelly!
Wow school is starting so soon!!!!

I was a member of the MOMS Club here in Spokane last year, (jan07-jan 08) but I didn't get along well with the group I was in. southhill/Valley group. I had wanted to join the North Spokane Group and tried to switch groups in Jan 08 when my membership was due for renewal....but unfortuantly the head quarters would not allow it. *sad* So I just dropped out. I am glad you get along with your group.

Hasbrouck Family said...

Hey Shelley!! Thanks for adding my blog. See you soon. You missed a chaotic meeting today!!

jennbecc said...

I was only a member of our local Twin Mom group....but didn't renew my membership this month because I haven't been to a meeting in over a year. I never clicked with any of the women and I was just too tired to go to a 7-10 pm meeting. Glad your club is a good one! :)

Busy Mom Of Four said...

I can't talk...as you can see I haven't been keeping up with mine either! But, I did just post about how busy we have been & that I will get back in regular entries come Sept.!
Yes, I know what you mean. With 3 of the kids in soccer this year we have been driving to Ft. Rich 4 nights a week! ugh! that is $16 a week...ugh. I sure do gas would get down from $4.36!!!!

Karen said...

ER Moms club was a good group of ladies! I chose not to do anything while here in VA! just me time!! The kids keep me busy enough and running! Both Jenna and Jackson are doing soccer this fall, we'll see how that goes!! Fun stuff!