I can't believe it, Hailey is now 7
Seems like yesturday, I was in the hospital pushing for 3 hours with NO drugs. She was worth every minute of it!
Bill was due home from work on her birthday which was very exciting. Since he was coming home from Whittier he swong into Eagle River and stopped at SHINES (our favorite Japanese restaurant) and picked up food to go!
Since school started early this year, Christmas break fell on different week than normal. I don't ever recall a time when Hailey was in preschool or school on her birthday. This year, she was. Since it was also the last day before Chritmas break there was a class party. Hailey was very excited because this meant Mom could make cupcakes. Hailey had a small list for Christmas, and as usual I picked something off that list for her birthday.
Can you guess what is in the LONG box?
It was on her list!! I am still in shock I bought it. I think I am in for some stress. But, I am hoping she will "use / play" it in her ROOM!
She opened the small present first. She is becoming a good reader so I wanted to get her some chapter books. We read some Junie B. Jones books in Kindergarten so I got her the 1st of the boxed set series. Then her old preschool teacher bought her the 1st grade series. We hope to collect all the books. You can get a really good deal through the school Scholastic Book Orders.
Here is the look on her face when she opened her...... GUITAR!
She really wanted one.....
Hailey's idol is Hannah Montana!! Hailey got her CD too! She was very excited about that as well. My next project is to burn lots of copies of that. One for her, one for Sydney, one for the car. And her girlfriends who want one too!
Hailey was very grateful and happy to have received the guitar. She is such a good kid. It's makes me proud.
Poor Sydney on the other hand, had a meltdown. She really wants one now too! Hailey is sharing, but is very protective that her little sister is going to break it! We'll have to see if I am brave enough to have a second guitar in the house.
Hailey has shown interest in the piano. So, if anything I'd like to spend money on a nice keyboard and maybe have her take lessons. We'll see how interested she is in the guitar, because if she wanted to take lessons Bill and I both said, she could have them. Someone in this family has to have a musical bone in their body!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAILEY
WE LOVE YOU
I am grateful for my two healthy, happy, beautiful daughters.
Times like this, make me realize what a lucky person I am! I love being a mom, I LOVE my kids, I LOVE my husband. I have a GREAT life. I should NEVER have anything to complain about.
Sometimes I need a reality check.....it could all be taken away so fast.
Merry Christmas to all.....I can't belive it's only a few days away!!!
Are you ready? I know, I am NOT! I still have all my wrapping to do! UGh!
This year though, I have the 6 foot table set up in the garage. So, hopefully that will make things go faster. I won't be breaking my back on the floor like I normally do!
Take care everyone......until next posting!

1 comment:
What great pics!!! Jackson has a guitar too and loves to make music!!! Put them in lessons! Music is wonderful!! Happy Birthday Hailey!!!
Post a Comment