Saturday, December 13, 2008

Baby, it's COLD outside!

Talk about dedicated Alaskan's..... we just spent the last 3 hours OUTSIDE in 0 degrees. Thank goodness for hand and foot warmers. And who knew they were so cheap? A 6 pack at Walmart was less than $2. That supplied 3 of us! Now I bet you are wondering - why were you outside? It's Colony Christmas in Palmer. There is a big festival in Palmer - lots of bazaars - lighted parade at 5pm - followed by a HUGE fireworks display at 6:30pm. This year Sydney was in the parade for Daisy Girl Scouts - so she needed to be dropped off at 3:45pm to be ready for her float! So, Hailey and I dropped her off - all bundled - warm and cozy! We headed to find a parking spot. We found a good one.... but had to walk to the parade. We did have time to kill - and there was drama. Hailey didn't want to wear gloves - then she did - then she was frozen - whining - I was ready to go home! Finally she was starting to warm up and the parade was about to begin! Thank goodness I had my snowflake bag.... cause she raked in the candy! That put her in a much better mood!
The parade ended and it was time to go pick up Sydney - which meant getting back in the car. Loosing our parking spot! Oh well - we needed to come back to see the fireworks. We finally made it almost following Sydney's float half way there. It was tricky - we were avoiding traffic and going a very slow pace since all the kids were still on the float!
Poor Sydney was COLD.... she warmed up in the car!!! And we headed back for fireworks!
I think she just warmed up enough then we got out of the car again! FIREWORKS - THEY ROCKED! We could see the 2 guys with their torches - lighting them off! We were so close! We were tipping our heads so far back - it was awesome!
I did take some pictures but they didn't turn out so well..... when you open the camera the lense fogs up! - Nice! I'll post later a few pic later... .right now I need to warm up under a blanket! My legs are still cold..... I even had on snow pants, long johns and jeans! We live about 4-5 miles from dowtown Palmer - and it's now -7 degrees here! CRAZY!!

And we are still 90% on the YES side of going to the zoo tomorrow for the Christmas for the Animals. Are we ready to do this again? Good thing is... it'll be an hour or less!

Stay warm!

2 comments:

jennbecc said...

Yes...you are dedicated! We woke up to cold weather and frost. Gerdie's water bowl had a frozen layer on the top but that's nothing like you guys! I'm sitting here shivering and complaining that is' only 67 in the house. *L*

Karen said...

That is true dedication! BRRRR!!!