Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Sushi Bunco

I am in a FUN bunco group in Eagle River. Each month we volunteer to host a month. August was Kae's turn. She had bid on a sushi party last October at our MOMS Club bazaar and won. And her time was expiring soon to use it so she spolied us rotten and used it for our bunco dinner! The Sushi Chef is Bob Peterson. I am very familair with his work.... YUMMY! This is Scottie's dad! After retiring from being a bio chemist he went to sushi school. How fun is that? Anyway, he moved to Alaska about a year ago be closer to Scottie and the grandkids. Him and his wife Julie are so nice. I can't say enough nice things about them!
Bob didn't make anything raw, as per Kae's request. One of my absolute FAV'S is a creation of Bob's.... the Crabby Sara! (after his daughter - it's her FAV) And at this party he one upped it and made a SPICY Crabby Sara! SOOO YUMMY!!! It's a spicy crab salad - similar to how they prepare a CA roll. Then inside with the rice is tempura shrimp. Topped with avacado! And some spicy mayo on top!
Everyone had a GREAT time at bunco... we were all so full! Thanks Kae for hosting! And THANKS to BOB for another WONDERFUL MEAL!

3 comments:

Karen said...

AWW I miss Bob! Thanks to Scottie and Bob I am a frequent sushi eater now!!! Glad you had fun!!

jennbecc said...

Sounds yummy! Glad you had a fun time!

Busy Mom Of Four said...

YUMMY!!!