Thursday, September 18, 2008

Yoga Retreat

Tomorrow... FRIDAY is the start of the Yoga Retreat at Pioneer Ridge Bed & Breakfast Here is a little history on the place!
This unique property was originally homesteaded in the early 1900's. In the 30's it was part of Roosevelt's New Deal (the plan to help Americans recover from the Depression) and was the home to a relocated family from the States. Our building was built in the 1960's and housed Fairview Dairy. In 1986, the 10,000 sq. ft. building was transformed into a warm and inviting B&B Each spacious, comfortable guest room is decorated with authentic Alaskana. Because we have much to do in and around our B&B we are TV FREE.
I just love this place!!! It's only about 10 minutes away from my house. The views are amazing! I'll be sure to take some beautiful fall pictures while I am there.
We will practice our yoga in a spacious room that has one full wall of windows to look at the mountains. It takes your breath away! I feel very fortunate to be able to attend all of Mary's yoga retreats. It's such a great time to be with friends, eat healthy and take care of me for a whole weekend. This will be the 5th retreat! They run from noon on Friday until late Sunday afternoon. Check out keeps getting later every year.... whoo hooo!!!
Since Bill is moose hunting, Scottie's dad (see picture below of Sushi Bob) and Julie has SAVED the day and will have Hailey + Sydney along with Trinity + Mikaela. I know the girls are going to have just as much fun as Scottie and I will. They've been talking about this since 4th of July when we made the plans.
There are no tv's at the B&B - but there is internet! So you know I will be checking emails and I may even post on my blog!!
Have a great weekend.....
Namaste

1 comment:

Busy Mom Of Four said...

Good to see you tonight. I totally forgot to ask you how the retreat went...I hope it went well for you...I was so sad to miss it!!! I can't get my pictures to work...I need a new computer I think...so no blogging for me right now.