Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sydney's Turn....

My baby is in KINDERGARTEN... WOW!
It's so hard to believe, the weird part is, she is almost 6.
It's having that "late" birthday. She is older than most of her friends, but they are all starting Kindergarten the same year! I am ok with it! I am sure in HS she will be too, when she will be driving before all of her friends! Uh, I can't think that far away, what was I thinking?
Sydney was so excited for school, it was finally her turn to go! She did the preschool thing, but this was different. Now she could ride the bus like her big sister. She also wanted to ride the bus on her first day! So, I told her I would meet her there, like I did for Hailey. Hailey said she would take her to class! It was the sweetest thing.... when they both walked in the double doors, I was waiting with camera, and they were HOLDING HANDS!
I am pretty sure, even now, a month into school, Hailey still drops her off everyday!
I love it when they get along! They are both so protective of each other! Makes me smile! Once inside the classroom, they were able to choose any table to sit at! Of course Sydney chose the table with the girls and the Playdoh! I stayed long enough to do the Pledge of Allegiance! Then I thought it was time to go, I didn't want to linger too long! I picked her up after school, poor thing.... she was so tired! It's hard work to learn! Overall, she loves school! Then there is me, I am already, tired of packing cold lunch for two! Oh well, it's the price to pay for FREEDOM! I'll take it!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations!! Two in school!! All that free time you have now!! I pack cold lunch for Jackson and I pack his snack and drink at night and keep it in the fridge so all I have to make the next morning is his sandwich. That makes it a little easier for me in the mornings!!

Michele said...

That's wonderful! They are so cute! Love the pics!