Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Alaska State Fair.... AUG & SEPT

I guess you could say, I have some catching up to do!
We don't have too exciting of a life, but I at least like to post pictures.
That is the best part about Blogging! Or so I at least think so!
We went to the fair twice this year. Once as a family, the 4 of us...and again after Bill went back to work. This time we drug Jennifer there! I had to go back, I didn't get to EAT everything I wanted to eat there! That is WHY I go to the fair. To get all the yummy food. Pathetic, I know!

The Pretzel place is always our first stop! They are the BEST. Homemade and fresh, hot and messy. YUM! We got 2. One for the girls to share and one for me. The girls wanted the traditional with salt and cheese, I got the cinnamon sugar one! Bill bought mini donuts right across from the pretzel booth. There went $10

We went on a Monday after school. Actually Sydney's first day of school. We chose to go that day because of the rides. It's zip strip day! And for those of you who don't know what that means.... it's one special ticket per ride. You pay a flat fee for so many rides. It's a better deal. We did realize that the kids are getting to big for the kiddy rides. So next year, we are moving over to the bigger stuff. Roller coasters and swings. They did get to ride the roller coaster but last year it was part of the kiddy rides, this year they bumped it up to the other section so I had to buy more tickets, cause all they talked about before the fair, was riding the dragon roller coaster! Here is a dragon ride, on the kiddy side.... I thought Sydney was going to loose it... she looked so scared for the first few minutes!

Sorry this picture is a little dark.
I couldn't wait to hold down the button long enough
I had to get this shot....
way up high.....
It's a no wonder Sydney was scared.
I don't think she rode this one last year.

This shot, I LOVE it.....Look at their hair!
You might have to click the picture to see it larger!
This ride stays in the kiddy section so I am not sure what we will do
next year about buying tickets. We may not be able to do the zip strip.
We may just have to go on a regular day and pay tickets per ride.
It just kills me, how expensive it is. $1 a ticket and each ride is 2-3 tickets.
Times that by 2 kids.... UGH! Onto Bigger and Better rides.....

The Orient Express the famous dragon roller coaster! I rode this thing last year, holy cow it goes fast. I didn't think the kids would like it, and they did. Hailey rode it a second time by herself. I on the other hand was NOT able to do it again. I felt sick. I just can't do rides like I used too!

Hailey and Sydney are in the back, it's a cute picture. I was kind of bummed they put another girl in there with them, but I guess they needed that extra body so they weren't sliding all over the place. I am telling you, this thing goes fast. They wanted to ride again... but we said no. All the tickets were gone!

We did learn about a NEW booth this year.... hair extensions!
The 3 of us girls all got one. It was tough deciding on 3 colors. They last for a few months so it was hard to choose! The blue is a little too blue for me, so next time I won't go blue. Hailey and I are still wearing ours... but Sydney's pulled out this last weekend.

It's fake hair that they put in.... and they use some kind of glue to attach it to your hair, right near your scalp. I did not expect it to last this long. I am impressed for $10 We even had to experiment when I colored my hair. We (Jennifer) wrapped it in tin foil. Worked....!!!! I enjoy the fair every year. It's so rewarding as a parent to see your kids get so excited! From rides, to animals, food, shows, exhibits! Man, I love the fair!!! It is an expensive little venture but so much fun. Lot of exercise too! We do so much walking! Well, basically I have too..... all that eating! Whew!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I never got excited enough to go the the AK fair. But I am glad that you have made it a tradition with your family! I love the hair extension colors!! Too cool!! Looks like ya'll had fun!!