We must go back a little... it's March 18th The night before Spring School Pictures! I asked the girls before bed to pick out what they wanted to wear for school the next day. I told them to get all their dirty clothes and put them in the laundry room on the floor. Then fish through the clothes and their drawers and find an outfit for pictures. If it was dirty, I would do laundry! Of coarse what they found needed to be washed. Bill was downstairs (where the laudry room is) watching TV. I started the water in the washer.... put in the soap, oxiclean and started adding the clothes. I always click the water off after a few mintues so I can load up the washer to see how much room I have then I push the knob back in to continue the washing process. So, I washer is full.... water is back on and the DRAMA BEGINS! All of a sudden, WATER IS SPRAYING EVERYWHERE!! What the heck?? It took me a minute to figure out the hose on the wall... BROKE! HOT WATER is everywhere. And just so you know, if you stop the laundry it won't stop the water from flowing! I am screaming for Bill.... HELP! He comes in there.... asks the girls to get us towels. He tells me to shut off the water. I tell him, I don't know how to do that! He leaves, I try to hold up the towel near my face and the washer so the fountain of hot water is not spraying everywhere. I have socks on and I can barely stand in the inches of water. Bill is in the garage turning every single knob on the hot water heater. Finally.... I yell...OK it's off!! He comes back we look at each other dripping wet from heat to tow! Man, I wish I would have took pictures. We were laughing.... standing there thinking, oh crap now who is going to clean up all this water? And how are the kids clothes going to get washed now?
Thank goodness for the drain hole in the laundry room. But most of the clothes from the floor were soaking up all the water. Not to mention all the towels we had were dripping wet. We started cleaning up the water.... putting wet clothes in tubs and garbage bags. I also store blankets and luggage in the laundry room. Those were not wet..
So now after we can walk around in there on a dry floor. What do we do with the clothes in the washer? I put it on SPIN and all the water gets out. I grab what they are wearing the next day for pictures and I rinse out all the soap upstairs in the sink. Then I toss them in the dryer. What else could I do?
The next day, Bill and I go to Lowe's to get a new hose. They now make red and blue ones for hot and cold water and they have an elbow metal bracket so it's impossible for the hose to break from bending! Yah! That afternoon I was back in business doing laundry and LOTS of it!!
Lesson to the story... check your hoses!! Make sure they are in good shape and not worn ready to break! And, where is your water shut off?? If Bill wasn't home in the panic I am not sure if I would have even thought to go to the hot water heater!!
PS Here is a better picture of the stove with the NEW range hood.
PS Hallie, we are having your Spinach Quiche (see it in the oven?)
pubghack.club [Amаzіng] Adnangamer.Com How To Redeem Silver Fragments In
Pubg Mobile Hack Cheat - XWN
-
pubgmobile.gameshack.ws [Amаzіng] Adnangamer.Com How To Redeem Silver
Fragments In Pubg Mobile Hack Cheat
[image: [Amаzіng] Adnangamer.Com How To Redeem S...
8 years ago

3 comments:
Ok that is HYSTERICAL!! I can imagine you now FREAKING out!! Thanks for the laugh!! Let me hear from you some time!!
Shelley,
OMG! I would have been screaming bloody murder!!! Ahhhhh! Glad you got it all fixed! I love the new oven & fridge! LUCKY!!! I want stainless...one day!!!
Oh that sounds so good right now! I could so use some quiche and girltalk after a long day of cleaning and packing for vacation! Glad you got the water crisis worked out- miss you!
Post a Comment