Sunday, July 22, 2007

A Little Behind!

Opps... I am not sure why I am not better about posting!
I look forward to reading everyone else's Blog.. so why am I not better about updating mine? I think because when I do sit here, I go on and on!
It's never anything small!
June 25th was the first day the girls took Mary's "kids yoga" class! OMGosh, they LOVED it! They could have kept on going.... 45 minutes zipped by!
They also have class tomorrow and they have been talking about it all weekend!

The 4th of July we spent it as a family at Scottie's dad's house out in Wasilla. It was a lot of fun.... we BBQ'd, had ribs & sushi among many other goodies. Everyone was still stuffed when we went home. Since Scottie's dad lives on Memory Lake.... Scottie and Rodger brought their kayaks. Bill and Rodger took turns being the taxi drivers and gave all the kids a turn in the kayak.
I am assuming we will be doing this again, so when I was at Costco I found life jackets for the girls. This way, we have our own. The best part is, these jackets go up to 95-100 lbs. so you know they can use them for SEVERAL years to come. HA HA! Bill had to return back to work on the 5th of July... so that meant Jennifer came over on the weekend of the 6th and we scrapbooked! Needless to say, I still call myself a beginner. All I have done were ABC books. Those are small... 7x7.
I finally finished Sydney's ABC book... she was so excited and so was I to complete something that I took so long to do. I just needed to make more time! So my mission that weekend was to start another few 12x12 books. Hailey has a special book for "The School Years" So I successfully did Kingergarten and 1st grade. The book looks so GOOD. I did learn though, I printed too many pictures. So, I know this for next time. Oh, and that was NOT all... .I also started scrapping 2007 in a 12x12. I had to stop at our Hawaii trip because Costco misplaced 36 pictures.. but I have them now, so Jennifer and I need to plan another weekend SOON! I am on a roll! Needless to say, it was a WAY PRODUCTIVE WEEKEND! Thanks Jennifer for another FUN weekend!

Next is Bear Paw... Eagle River has a festival every year. MOMS Club has participated in the parade for the last 2 years. The girls and I rode/walked. It is a lot of fun, but I forget every year how FAST you have to keep up. This year was crazy fast... next year, I am going to watch. It wasn't fun to have to run to keep up. It was fun, smiling and handing out business cards. Hailey had a blast handing out bubble gum coins. Sydney was lucky and got to ride on the float!! This years theme was, "Pirates of the Bear-A-Bean" So it was easier than normal to decorate and be in costume!

This club is so wonderful and it disapoints me that we did not have a bigger turn out for the parade. 2 years in a row, low particapation. I hope the board reconsiders this for next year and chooses not to do it. It's too much work for those who do want to help. They can't always be the ones to do everything.
I was the only one in the group who was not invloved in decorating. I just came to walk. I was very surprised to see not more than 7 moms total there! I very impressed with the AWESOME job they all did. Our float rocked. Those ladies really pulled it off. The coolest part was, they did all the decorating at 9am. Since it was raining like crazy the day before. After the parade we went to Jennifer's and she made us lunch (fresh crab from Juneau on a yummy bed of salad with all the fixings) it was so YUMMY! After a full belly we were all pooped though!! I felt like I just ran a marathon! Since Jennifer and I were together again, you know what this means.... more scrapbooking!!! So I got to start another
12x12 book ... a special "Christmas Book" so I started that book in 1999 when Hailey was born... if you all can belive this, I am up to date current on that... I scrapped 8 years of Christmas! WOW!
OK, so what did I say about sitting here typing forever!
Man, I am so bad! Sorry this is so LONG...
OK, a few more pictures from Bear Paw weekend....
Check out this FIREWEED... I had to pull over and take some pictures.
Enjoy...



That's all the posting for now.... I am getting ready to leave for Cancun, Mexico with Scottie. It's just the 2 of us going. We are both so excited. We are finally using our trip we won from Tastefully Simple. I can't tell you how much I need this break right now... 6 days just the 2 of us and know one calling... MOM,... MOM... I'll take lots of pictures and share them when we get back!

2 comments:

Karen said...

It's about time you blogged!! Love the pics from the parade. It looks like everyone had fun. I can't wait to hear all about your trip to Cancun. My friend just got back from there. "Heaven" is what she called it! We may head there for our anniversary!! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Love hearing about what your doing this summer! The parade pictures brought back lots of great memories. This is our 3rd summer away from Alaska and I am still homesick for you all and my beloved Eagle River!
AND.... I can't believe your scrapbooking! That in itself is almost a reason to move back! Yay for you! :) Post some layouts!!
Hope you had a great trip to Cancun. I imagine it was wonderful... you deserved it!