Saturday, June 23, 2007

Busy with Soccer

Well, you can tell school is out.....
and SOCCER has started! We are at the field 4 nights a week!
The girls each play 2 nights a week and of coarse they are on different nights!
Which brings us to be there Mon thru Thurs. It's actually good for us, it gets us on a schedule which is what we need in the summer since the daylight is always shining even in the wee hours on the night/morning!
I enrolled the girls in soccer camp! It's sponsored by MLS (Major League Soccer)! The price was worth it for the experience they received! Hailey was in the same camp last year and loved it so much she wanted to do it again! So camp was in the morning.... at 9am! Man, that was tough to get up, but we did it! Sydney wanted to play this year so her camp for her age group was only until 10:30am. But since Hailey is in the older age group she played until noon! So, that meant I was on the field for 3 hours. Which also meant they still had soccer at night! Let's say that was a long week and all we did was soccer! We never went anywhere! And if you know us, that is not the norm!


Here is Sydney and her coach! He wanted all the kids to call him "Candy Andy" So as a thank you we gave him candy on the last day of camp! We gave Hailey's coach a little something too... they called him "clean cleats" but his name was Craig. Hailey gave him a small key chain pocket knife that was shaped like an Ulu Knife! I thought it was really cool! Hopefully he did too!
Even though I spent A LOT of time on the field that week, it was worth it! The girls had a great time and I need to encourage sports as much as possible as that is one regret I have. I never played any.... and still don't care for sports! I am sure it would be Bill's dream to have the girls go to college on a sports scholarship! He loves sports! So far the girls are loving soccer, which is what it is all about! Being passionate!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Cute pics!! My kids love sports and can't wait to get involved here in VA!! I'm glad the girls had a good time!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Love all the pics. Good to get caught up with what you, Bill & the girls are doing. They are SOOO darling!