I love cooking shows.....I am sure a lot of that has to do with my passion for FOOD!!
Just look at me!! I am a recipe girl..... I have to have a recipe, and I have to follow it! I am not too much for winging it!
My friend Jennifer gave me two of Sandra Lee's cookbooks for Christmas. She has a cooking show, called Semi-Homeade and it ROCKS. It's on the Food Network. All of her recipes are quick, fast, easy and she uses a lot of ingredients that should already be in your cupboard. She is also famous for using ingredients that kind of cheat to get you done faster.
Jennifer came over on Jan 6th & 7th and again on Jan 13th & 14th we tried some of the recipes.
One being:
Mediterranean Chicken Bugers (I only could find ground turkey)
How YUMMY, does that look? It was pretty tasty if I do say so myself. The following night I made Szechuan Chicken with Green Beans and Basil. That was tasty too. All these recipes can be found in the Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade 20-minute meals cookbook. The first thing I made out of the cookbook was Kahlua Jerk Chicken. THAT ROCKS!! I've already made that twice. Jennifer also gave me the Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Grilling. I am excited to GRILL and test out some of those too! YUM! I was so excited about these cookbooks I had to order the Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Slow Cooker Recipes. Then I find out, they sell them ALL at SAMS Club. So far there is only one recipe I don't like.... Jennifer will vouge. Spicy Peanut Noodles. The picture looked so good, but it was NOT! Oh well. 1 out of 6 aren't bad!
So, if you need a gift for someone, I highly recommend. Every recipe has a FULL bright, colorful picture. Those are the BEST kind of cookbooks. SO THANK YOU JENNIFER!

3 comments:
That looks yummy! I still want to go get my Paula Deen cookbook!! Good for you! So when is dinner????
Hi! Glad I found your blog address again! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas and all is going well.
Update. :)
Post a Comment